Bailey Corey asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

have any white girls ever gotten cornrows?

I'm white and I really want to get cornrows. How long does it take? Is it expensive? Does it damage your hair?

Favorite Answer

Lol yea they have I dont recommend it. Its not for the caucasian culture it doesn't look right and to be honest I laugh when I see (white) people with them. I'm mixed and have black family cornrows for them take 3-4 hours not sure if it would be the same for a caucasian person. A african american will not braid your hair because they aren't used to the texture like a Caucasian person cant do a black persons hair. Its cost $150 (if you go to a shop) but depends on the lenth of hair the longer the more it cost. It could damage hair if its braided too tight. Another thing since you have to wash your hair everyday your going to mess up the braids and I wouldnt get them because you just wasted your money.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pwst=1&q=white+...

Source(s): Worked in a braiding shop

I got them on half of my head on vacation in Bahamas about a year ago. I got them for $40 but that was only cuz i was on vacation and stuff is always overpriced. They hurt when they do it but after they are fine. You can wash you hair normally but dont scrub so hard on you scalp because they can come loose. When i took them out about a month or so later, my hair was really oily and some hair fell out, but nothing serious. If you really want them, I say that you should get them. And it only took like an hour.

The problem is that it's almost winter and if you live in a cold place, your head would get cold.

Source(s): expeirience

Yes I've seen a ton of white girls with braids. personally i don't like that look, i think they're trying to be something there not. The time frame depend on the size of the braid and the peraon who does them. no they dont damage your hair. but they will hurt because theyre dont exteremely tight by some people.

google images> 'white girls with cornrows'