Which do you think is worse?

Since Hurricane Sandy has been all over the news and top news this week, I've been thinking about what it's like being in one, or preparing for one. Since I live in Washington State, I've never experienced a hurricane. However, we have pretty bad snow storms. Like last year, we had a terrible ice storm that ruined everything.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

in your opinion, is a hurricane or snow storm worse?

what i know about hurricanes:

very windy

flooding

deaths

evacuation

buildings being destroyed

falling trees

lack of warmth and food

power outages

lost homes/cars

snow storms:

flooding

freezing cold air

deaths

people killing themselves lighting their homes on fire on accident to start a fire

power outages for days

falling trees (if there's an ice storm it'll freeze the branches and they always fall on houses and destroy crap)

frozen cars, roads, and land (veryyyy risky to go outside because you can slip and really hurt yourself)

sliding cars

yah

for me it's an ice/snow storm. those are freaking terrible. i know i havent been in a hurricane, but when you're frozen in your house surrounded by huge trees and you're starving and freezing and lack vitamin D it'll get to you after a few days! plus going outside is just as dangerous because you can slip and fall, injure yourself or slide down a hill (since where i live it's very hilly). also people are ridiculous, they think they can still go to work so cars lose control and slide into buildings and people usually resulting in death. ugh :/

Favorite Answer

i think a hurricane does more damage

I live in the Philadelphia area ,PA. We get Hurricanes and snowstorms. Our hurricanes aren't usually that bad though. Even Sandy isn't really hitting us bad yet. We've had more damage from past snowstorms. But either can be bad it just depends on the storm and how strong it is .

If I had to choose, I'd pick snow storm. But both are higly dangerous depending on the vivacity. I've survived hurricanes before, and as long as you stay safe inside you're sane. With snow storns, I feed like I'd freeze to death or suffocate or die from lack of sunshine 'cause of that blanket of snow on my window.

Source(s): Hahaha :)
  • ?

I think a hurricane is worse

hurricane

Source(s): i was in one