What do I do? I need advice.?

I have been recently talking to my ex. Previously, we dated for a year, and we were engaged. We loved each other very much, but family pulled me away, so I moved to a different state. We tried long-distance, but it didn't work. A few months ago, (after 7 months of being away) I moved back, and we have been talking. We have been talking about getting back together and he told me I was the only girl he wanted and that he loves me more than anything. When we dated before, he was the perfect man. He spoiled me, he was sweet, he made me feel beautiful, he made me feel safe, I was happy. He was sexy, loyal, and I had complete faith in us.

Last night, he told me that for the last two weeks he has been talking to another girl so he doesn't want to date yet. I feel like he is trying to have two girls at once. Like he is going to lead us on until the other messes up and he has a backup. I love him so much, and this is COMPLETELY out of his character. He would never do this, so I don't understand why he is doing this... I don't know what to do. I want to be with him so bad, but I don't know how. I don't know if I should leave him alone and make him realize that he misses me and that it's his loss or if I should beg him and smother him with me awesomeness so he will remember how we use to be... But I can't get mad at him because he didn't cheat. We aren't dating. He is single, and so am I.

I don't know what to do at all. It hurts so bad. I know I am annoying him, but I don't want to let go of him. We are made for each other. I know he feels bad, but he doesn't know if he wants a new girl or if he wants to keep to what he knows. I understand he is confused, but I just want him to think of me as enough, and I don't feel like that at the moment. What do I do??

The thing is, I do trust him. IF we were together. I know he is loyal. I know he would never cheat on me. He isn't cheating... It's the waiting part that is killing me.

Long distance relationship never works, if you cant put full trust on him, he's not the guy.