How to get my first job?

I'm 18 and I never had a job before because I've always focused on school. I'm getting bored now that I'm done with school and I want to get a job. Since I never had job I don't have much experience. I would like to know how I could get a job in my situation? Do I need a resume? What should I say? The only thing that I can offer is the skills I learned in school which is working well with others and working well independently. As well as having good communication and being responsible. Should I mention these skills during the interview? And if you were hiring would you hire someone like me? (Just to build my confidence)

Favorite Answer

Google CV templates there's hundreds but make sure you focus on your education, skills you gained from it like you said. You must have done work experience at college/school though? Put that down as experience, ask tutors for references.

Don't aim high as its your first job and seriously DONT GIVE UP, you will get rejected lots of times, even KFC rejected me so don't feel too bad.

Apply at McDonald's. honestly. It will give you valuable experience and references!

You have been out of school since MAY and you are just now thinking about getting a job?

Do you have a driver's license?

Employers are preferring those that can drive themselves.

Get a resume together. Ask your parents for help.

Clean up facebook. Shave any facial hair. Apply at McDonalds online.

go to your nearby elderly homecare areas or retirement homes and ask for dietary aide job, that was my first job ever and i was a dishwasher so you could become one. tell them your looking for your first job and that you have experience washing dishes at home lol. go to every homecare in your area and apply, ask if you could talk to the kitchen boss and tell him or her your really interested and need a job