Microsoft Office vs. LibreOffice?

Is LibreOffice as good as MS Office?

Favorite Answer

it depends on what you need out of it. Libreoffice does not have every feature that (at least the newer) MS Office has.

I took a linear algebra course which had homework though and online portal, and a couple of the problems on assignments were blank. I got marked off because I thought it was a mistake on the teachers part...anyway it turns out that he used this pen ink feature to draw a network of pipes.

Find out what features you need, then find out if libreoffice works for you. If it does, then use it. You'll save money. If it doesn't then see if you can get an educational discount on MS office...or...say if you can't afford that...maybe...um...find a "cheaper" version online.

For home use, I'd say LibreOffice IS as good as MS Office. MS Office probably excels over the free LibreOffice in the business environment because of its scheduling tools and collaboration features.

Libre office is free. It has almost everything that Microsoft Office has. The difference is that we are usinf MS Office so many years, and we got used with the menu, the buttons position, the features etc, and it is hard to change to another program.

To download LibreOffice for free you can click here http://j.mp/1rmr643

LibreOffice is a great software that offers six different office management tools to meet your project management needs: Text Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawing, Database, and Formula.