Should I buy a BRANDED title car?

Hey, there's a silver 1998 prelude automatic sh with 116 k miles on it. They want $3,895. Should I get it, will there b problem with the insurance like can I get full cover? The car looks in great condition.

• roger
    Favorite Answer

HAHAHAHHA HOW MUCH? oh hell no here is the problems first and foremost is the insurance you can get liability but that's it. If some body ever totals the car even if its not your fault you will be lucky to get anything at all. It could be nothing or it might be 25 percent on the dollar. That's reality many people end up with NOTHING.

SECOND LARGE PROBLEM a salvage car is worth 50 percent of low book which in this case is about 4 grand well half of that is 2 grand so the car is way way way over priced for what it is. Sure every A hole who owns a salvage car claims otherwise but reality dictates this if your going to get nothing from an insurance company if some nit wit totals your car would you want to eat 2 grand? or 4 grand? big frigging difference

THIRD MAJOR PROBLEM branded cars with salvage titles are almost impossible to sell because smart people know what a bad deal they really are and don't car what the price is they don't even slow down they keep looking for a car with a clear title. And no dealer with a good reputation will take this as a trade in

I don't buy salvage cars because I know better and there are plenty of cars with clean titles just waiting for a new home you just have to get out there and find it. It takes time perseverance and patience you can do it steel your mind and heart don't buy someone Else's problem and don't throw money down the toilet if your car gets in an accident god forbid. best of luck have patience.

.

• JetDoc

I suppose that depends on what kind of 'brand' is on the title. My brand is the Flying J.

No, it means it was in a major crash but rebuilt or bent frame, or hAd major issues