Double major in cognitive science and media studies for music marketing?

Currently I am a freshman at UC Berkeley looking to double major in business and media studies. My goal is to get involved within the music industry through marketing and advertising. However, if I do not get accepted into Haas I'm planning on double majoring with cog sci and media studies. Do you think this will prepare me for marketing jobs in the future. I also plan to attend UCLA's summer marketing program which offers internships as well as teaches marketing strategies withing the entertainment industry.

Favorite Answer

The Music Industry is in decline. There are very few paying entry-level jobs. Most likely, you will have an internship or two then put in some desperate applications to fast food places such as Taco Bell.

Do not waste your undergrad years at Berkeley preparing for a career in music that probably won't be there when you graduate.