camera photos not showing up on memory card?

ok well i took over 500 photos on vacation and i had them for weeks i uploaded them to my computer and it still had them but all of a sudden there gone from the memory card and ive uploaded others to the computer and there still on the card now so idk why they disappeared and my memory card says no space on card yet it only shows me having like 40 photos on there and couple of vids and my memory card can hold over 1000 photos. my battery is only half charged does that have anything to do with it? plez help!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should regularly format memory cards to refresh them, and when you do so *always* format it in the camera, not using a card reader or memory slot in your computer. Don't do this until you are certain that you have a copy of *all* your images from the card on your computer (and ideally onto a back-up disk as well).

If you know you've taken photos and can see them on the memory card using the camera and not when you use the computer, try switching the slider to the "lock" position and trying again. With *some* cameras and *some* memory cards this is a weird to widely reported fix when the computer refuses to see files on the card.

For your problem.. confirm you have every image you've taken transferred to your computer, Put the card into the camera and format it in the camera. That will refresh the memory card. On a regular basis, check that you've transferred everything and run the format.

Source(s): Experience of memory cards doing weird things..
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

How do you transfer images from camera to computer ? Is it by USB connection or by card reader. ?

When you connect to your computer the files are held on your memory card within an automatically generated Folder; have you checked your memory card to see if more than one Folder has been created because - if so - the software will only access the latest folder and ignore any earlier ones.

If you do have more than one folder it may be time to invest in a card reader to do your camera-to-computer transfers so that you can double check how many folders exist on your memory card.

• 8 years ago

With file recovery software, you may be able to retrieve your images off your card if you haven't already saved them... Battery level is immaterial here... Your card is probably corrupt.

Plan of action: Use the file recovery software if necessary then format your card after every shoot.

Source(s): Pro... 38 years behind the lens
  • 8 years ago

maybe you accidentally deleted them from your card.

But if you've already downloaded them to your computer (like you said) then I don't see the problem. It makes more room for new pictures.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Memory cards don't last forever it's probably becoming corrupted

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.