My boyfriend lied, saying he was a virgin. I lost my virginity to him. If you were me, how mad would you be?

Am I right to be really, really mad?

Favorite Answer

It's just a matter of acceptance.

I would be super super super angry. Personally, I'm a Christian so I'm not going to have sex before marriage neither is my boyfriend. If he had, that would be a big enough issue for me to break up with him over. This isn't typical in society today though where "everyone is doing it."

But the fact that he lied to you about it? And then took your virginity? Losing your virginity to someone is a very intimate and a very serious and important thing. It is the ultimate show of trust, respect, and love - or should be, anyways. Your boyfriend has shown you none of those things by lying to you about something as important as this.

The fact that he was not a virgin probably would not have bothered me... if he hadn't lied about it. I think it's the lying, not the virginity, that is the issue here. I would be mad and he definitely would have lost a lot of my trust, but not to the point that he couldn't eventually gain it back. I just don't see why he would want to lie about something like that. That's a little confusing.

That's a little strange... Guys usually tend to lie they are NOT virgins when they are, not the other way round.

Like the others said, I'd be mad at him lying to me, not because he's not virgin.

Well, the fact that he lied to you is kinda messed up. whats to lie about. I'd ask why he lied. I would be upset. But not too mad because your relationship shouldn't be just based off sex no matter what the age.

• ?

For just lying to you, yes. But not because he wasn't a virgin. That's too much to expect for any guy or girl. I mean, just because he's not a virgin doesn't ruin him. But for lying, I'd be mad.

Your right for being mad. I would be enraged at my boyfriend if he lied to me about that. Sure, to him it's no big deal, but to me, IT IS a big deal. My boyfriend should know better then to lie about something like that. He knows lies, especialy like that, annoy me and make me really upset.

If i were you, this situation would be "Ignore Him" worthy. THAT'S how mad it would make me.

My bf is not a virgin and I am. But I love that he told me! He was honest with me and then let me choose what I wanted to do. If i wanted to be with him or not. I loved his honesty. Now we're planning on getting married. You have every right to be angry, you deserve someone who will always be honest with you. They're the good ones. ;)

Yes

I would be completely pissed. I wouldn't want anything to do with him after that. If he's lying about that just imagine how fake he really is. I would feel robbed.

Yes I would be furious. Trust is important. Now ask him, what was the real reason he lied? Maybe so you would have sex with him? if so, **** him.