Anonymous

Why do some people need everyone's attention all the time?

A lot of people in my classes and at lunch just need everyone's eyes on them. They need attention, whether it's good or bad. I really don't understand why they feel the need to do this, as I'm a pretty quite person most of the time.

Is it because they don't get attention from their parents at home? An answer would be really appreciated :) By the way, I'm not trying to be rude or ignorant. I just don't understand, and would like to :)

Favorite Answer

I know a sh!tload of people like that. Actually half of my school consists of people like that. Some people just enjoy showing off how "cool" they think they are and think that by acting obnoxious and attention-seeking, other people will accept them or want to be friends with them. They might not get attention at home or their families might be crappy but that's also not always the case. Some people simply just love attention.

Sometimes it might be because of that, but some people are just like that anyway.

• Lynn

Because of immaturity and low self-esteem.