Lea asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

PLEASE HELP! What do I need to know to try out for frehman girl's basketball?

I cannot run that well, so I need to know if I should practice running before I go and try out. Please tell me EVERYTHING I need to know to try out. Also, if you can, tell me all the basics you should know about basketball. Thank you sooo much!!! :)

Favorite Answer

buy a basketball tutorial dvd

A lot of people will assume that if you're good, you'll make the team. Honestly, when I tried out for my school team height was a major factor. I'm 5'6 and I barely made the team, in my opinion I was better than a lot of the players on the team.

Being tall will increase your chance.

You wanna make sure that you can run and jump for sure. Have good footwork for their drills. Be in shape to play. Be confident and act like you know what you're doing. Communicate with other players on the court to stand out and show coaches that you can lead. And most importantly have fun and show that you wanna be there.

And of course skills. Don't quit when you're tired. At my high school, if someone was tall and can throw the ball at the basket then they probably made the team and thats why I stopped playing for my high school.

Good luck.

Source(s): Cut freshman year, got starting point guard position in sophomore year of high school.