B
B asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 years ago

how to get back together with my ex who is in the war?

my ex and i broke up when we were 13 years old or so because my parents didn't want me to have a boyfriend at that age. ever since then i haven't stopped thinking about him. we are both 22 years old now. i have always tried to find him and have been unsuccessful until now. i found out thru some people that he is in the military and is currently in Afghanistan. i want to write him a letter. i have his address and everything. i know that 9 years is a LONG time and there's no telling what he's been up to since then. i want to be a part of his life tho, even if it's just as friends. i also want to be able to support him especially during his time of need.

so what should i say to him in the letter?

also i don't even know if he remembers me (we only went out for like a month). so should i say something like "Hey Jayson it's Brittany your girlfriend from 9 years ago. hope you remember me" That sounds bad to me lol so if you can give me advice with that part too, I'd appreciate it.

I'd do some research on him before you rush into some mad romantic expectations.

9 years is a LONG time, people change, especially in the Army, you develop a new personality.

I'd find out some facts, like if he has a girlfriend/married, maybe has children!!!!.If you can get his address you can surely find something basic like that out!

I'd add him on Facebook to start with, they have Internet out there.

OMG ROMANTIC!!!!

I'm sure even if he's married or whatever he will be glad if correspondence from home as I'm sure these guys must get lonely.

Just write it in a jokingly way as you say and ask him if he remembers you and there no reason that he may just remember you to.

If fate is meant to be who knows!!!!

GOOD LUCK XXX

Source(s): Loving a but of romance!

Best put the Pipe down, as it has given you a really

"Warped Sense Of Reality"...

He is No longer that Little kid that you remember...

has Grown up and gotten on with his Life...

Think that is what you should do also...

Source(s): Retired Marine...VSO...

I call bullshit