Should I exchange US dollars for New Zealand dollars here in the US or wait until I get to New Zealand?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Start at your own bank for the best rates. Get enough to hold you for a few days. Or use any bank in NZ.

Be sure to tell your credit cards your itinerary so that your charges will not be denied. Find out how much you can withdraw per day. Better to take a lot out infrequently because of the ATM charge.

• 4 years ago

in basic terms use your monetary institution card if you elect funds and credits card for the comparable type of purchases which you will use it for interior the States. I unquestionably have accomplished this with Australian monetary institution card and credits taking part in cards for classes of up to six months interior the States, united kingdom and distinctive locations over the final decade. save a examine at the transaction expenditures charged by employing each and every monetary institution - i'm unsure even if there is a protracted way huge difference among NZ banks yet in some international locations there is relatively abit of variability. My guess may want to be that the $US will improve relative to the $NZ over the subsequent one year besides.

• 8 years ago

Wait till you get to NZ. Rates change daily so change enough for a couple of days worth and monitor the rates. This will also save you from reconverting unused NZ currency back to US dollars and losing out on the difference between buy and sell rates.

• 8 years ago

Wait till you arrive here in new zealand, there are lots of places that you can do that here.

Source(s): me a new zealander
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.