Taylor asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

Will Hurricane Sandy affect my flight?

I'm flying from LAX to Iowa with a layover in Chicago. Do you think my flight will be canceled because of the storm even though it's more on the east coast?

It's not until next week.

I don't see why it would be, seeing as none of those states are on the East Coast.

Favorite Answer

By next week the storm should be over and everything will be getting back to normal. If your flight gets cancelled it won't be because of this storm.

• Hurricane Sandy is supposed to only last three days. Is it? Maybe that's only in the GTA (Canada) area.

Anyways if you know which airport you are landing at, just visit their website, check the arrivals and see if your flight is cancelled. If you know your flight number that's even better, you could just search it.

Source(s): me
  • Mrsjvb

it might be/.. for the simple reason that the plane scheduled to make the flight might be grounded on the EC somewhere.

and Chicago is a possible target of the snow storm that's rushing to meet Sandy.

I would count on it. The damage this hurricane is creating has everyone worried. I heard on the news that it may get worse as there is another storm that may collide with Hurricane Sandy.

yes they said on the news that flights are being canceled