If god is not real then explain miracles?

You have obviously not witnessed a miracle yet because you are to young or still living in your mother's basement. But when it happens you will stand there and say "someone has been taking care of me all along"

Favorite Answer

You can interpret an event as having supernatural causes and call it a miracle. Or you can study the phenomenon and determine the natural processes and causes that were really behind it; and if you fail to do this, the default shouldn't be "It's a miracle" but "I don't know what caused it, at least not yet".

Maybe I am too young at 60, but I definitely don't live in my mother's (or father's) basement.

Oh yes, because the majority of scientists are too young or living in their moms basement (majority of scientists are nonbelievers if you didn't catch that)

Go learn psychology to figure that one out. People under the influence of religion don't think in a skeptical way, and some even hallucinate (for those claiming to have seen god/angels/ect) If you look up religious ecstasy you will know.

All the "miracles" have been doctors taking care of patients with modern science, people lying, or someone who suffers from delusions.

• How young is too young?

Im 32 and I have no lived with my mum since I was 21. And we never had a basement. I have no witnessed any miracles because I actually got an education and I have not seen anything that totally defies explination

Provide an example of a miracle and we'll see. There are none.

And my parent's never had a basement. I moved out right after I graduated high school when I was still 17 and joined the Army so.....

Kolob is a star or planet described in Mormon scripture. Reference to Kolob is found in the Book of Abraham, a work published by Latter Day Saint (LDS) prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. According to this work, Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne or residence of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a “star”,[1] it also refers to planets as stars,[2] and therefore, some LDS commentators consider Kolob to be a planet.[3] Other Latter Day Saints (commonly referred to as Mormons) consider Kolob to be a Christian metaphor.

Kolob has never been identified with any modern astronomical object and is not recognized as an ancient concept by modern Egyptology. Kolob is rarely discussed in modern LDS religious contexts, but it is periodically a topic of discussion in criticism of Mormonism. The idea also appears within LDS culture, and there is a LDS hymn about it. Kolob is also the inspiration for the planet Kobol within the Battlestar Galactica universe, created by Glen A. Larson, a Mormon.[4][5]

By: Jeannie

??????

Give me CREDIBLE evidence of any genuine miracle. People toss the word around, when they just mean an unusually good thing -- which is NO evidence for any supernatural anything.

BTW, whoever told you all atheists are young and living in our mothers' basements was lying to you. Of course, only a complete imbecile would have BELIEVED it.

When, exactly, did all your brain cells die off?

• Lynn

If your version of spirituality is true then explain how every religious group on the planet who believes in miracles has them. Even us atheists have them.

Miracles are nothing more than the slim end of the probability curve. They're not impossibilities just improbabilities. No verified stories of people regrowing lost limbs , etc. Healings are just that, the body healing itself or responding unexpectedly well to medical treatment. The list goes on.

Did you know that even the Egyptians, Greeks & Romans have stories of miracles bestowed upon them by their gods? Nothing new here.

Source(s): atheist and former Christian.

If you believe in miracles and a god that makes active inroads on your life, then it is incumbent on you to explain tragedies. Why are there senseless auto accidents? The Holocaust? Cancer? You explain it, given your belief in "miracles".

Then go study science and the concepts of "randomness" and "coincidence" and "wishful thinking".

Its called coincidence. Have you walked on water? Its so far fetched to think that one being can read the minds of anybody let alone billions of people. And that we were created from dirt. Come on.... dont be naive.

• .,,.

if the other gods are fake, like the greek gods, then what makes this one true?

and all those miracles are fake.