Should teachers be banned from talking about Father's Day in public schools?

I have a cousin who came home crying one day because his teacher was talking about Father's Day and everyone was naming one thing they loved about their father (this was last year before school let out, they also made cards for their fathers). My cousin has never met his dad. It's cruel for schools to make kids go through this. I know a lot of kids who haven't met their fathers and it's just plain WRONG for them to talk about mother's and father's day when they don't know the situations of the kids!!

Favorite Answer

Most of the time, Father's day happens in the summertime, when school isn't regularly in session.

Source(s): The Calendar

I don't know the teacher in question, but I'm sure he meant well. You can't ban everything that will make anyone tick. Most people do have fathers, so it is reasonable to discuss fathers day. Like I said, I don't know your cousins teacher, but surely it isn't his/her fault. Maybe the teacher could change the question to accommodate the child. It certainly shouldn't be banned though, as there is nothing inherently discriminatory about father's day.

Source(s): Experience

No, but Father's Day is in the middle of June. Most school districts are closed for the summer.

I don't think it should be banned unless the teacher crosses the line, what if his dad was dead from cancer and he asked the student to name a specific time his own mother was mistaken for a man, you know for halloween. That would cross the line I think.

The Catholic church has a Concordat with maximum international locations, are not getting the super deal pertaining to to the German Concordat. those asserting Hitler have been a Christian have in no way easily examine something approximately Hitler. He wrote a poem to Odin for the period of WW1, he stated it could have been greater useful if Islam substitute into the dominant faith of Europe than Christianity and in accordance to those near to Hitler, Hitler substitute into defined as being an agnostic to being an atheist.

Apparently the needs of the few now outweigh the needs of the many.

tell him to grow up and deal with life