Ethernet to wireless?

I have access to very fast ethernet in my home. I was wondering whether there was a device that I could plug in to the ethernet outlet, like an ethernet to wireless adapter (does that exist), that would allow me to have wireless internet accessible by any device in my home?

(it's annoying that only one computer can use the ethernet at a time is what I'm saying)

Please excuse my ignorance about networking matters

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You are talking about a wireless router/access point. You can find them everywhere, they are the backbone of wireless ethernet. You connect it to the existing ethernet jack, and all of your wireless devices can be connected through it.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    That magical device its called the wireless router

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.