So who long before Jerry Jones cutts Romo?

He let Wade Phillips go and that was a screw up (look what he's done to the Texans).Jones should of moved Rob Ryan to head coach,Wade Phillips to Defensive Coordinator,and Jason Garret to Offensive Coordinator.I know Ryan wasn't on the staff till last year,but he should of kept Phillips and moved him to Defensive Coordinator.If the Cowboys do cut Romo,what QB do you think could fit in to their offense?Or should the Cowboys start Orton and see how he does?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Not happening. Start Kyle Orton? Can anybody seriously see Orton leading the Cowboys to four scoring drives to take the lead over the Giants, after falling behind 23-0, like Romo did yesterday?

Okay, I admit even I'm finding it hard to keep defending Romo's picks. He's having his worst season as a pro.

But let's peel back a few layers to look at what's being asked of Romo. He's operating behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. His receivers- namely Dez Bryant and Kevin Ogletree- never seem to be on the same page as their quarterback.

And a quarterback's best friend- a strong running game- is AWOL in Dallas. They ran for 19 yards yesterday. NINETEEN!

So I think it's unfair to blame Romo for this mess. He's not without blame, but with this Cowboys team, there's plenty of blame to throw around.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He will not cut Tony Romo. If Romo didn't cough up the ball 50 times a game he would be a playoff quarterback.

• 8 years ago

They wont cut Romo. He's better than half the quarterbacks in the league.

No, they should not start Kyle Orton. Are you nuts? Seriously, did you think before you wrote that?

• nivens
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You adult males dont have Receivers. you have a TE and proficient RB's and a great O-Line. you're in hardship pal. Romo isn't even Commodus Cutler overvalued anymore, he seems headed for Jason Campbell u . s . a .. Your receivers suck. Roy introduced his laziness and absence of opt to win from Detroit. Has no coronary heart and no innovations and no braveness. possibly he might desire to work out the Wizard of oz.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

when he's 36 and can't throw deep anymore

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.