Langley. asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Where can I find breeders who are selling adult dogs?

I know that some do but I'm having trouble finding them...

I'm preferably looking for older Great Danes or Boxers for sell.

How do I go about asking the breeder in an e-mail if she has any older dogs she'd like to sell?

Favorite Answer

Check out both of these sites for breeder referral in your area.

http://www.americanboxerclub.org/

http://www.gdca.org/

The vast majority of reputable breeders will take back their dogs opposed to them going into the shelter. At any given time they may have adult dogs for resale, or retired show dogs.

Typically a breeder who has a website will offer their older dogs for sale, but they are usually only 1-2 years old. Also, many breeds have their own rescue shelters. For example try searching "Great Dane Rescue Shelter" or "Boxer rescue shelter" and you will see that most of the dogs are adults. :) Good luck!

• Emily

You should look at the shelter, or look into your local rescue groups for specific breeds. Usually areas will have like a county boxer rescue etc. I think it is great that you are looking for an adult dog. Getting a rescue would make a dog's life even better, and they can be a fantastic addition to the family.

Breeders sell grownup dogs that are the two too outdated or don't greater healthful into their breeding application anymore. maximum "retired" dogs are the two retired from displaying or retired from breeding, greater often then no longer the two. They sell those "retired" dogs on a spay/neuter settlement to a kinfolk who could have the skill to spend lots greater time on them then in the event that they have been to easily lay around with the breeder. This additionally makes room for the breeder to herald greater suitable instruct possibilities. A breeder can only preserve lots of dogs, so why make one older dogs depressing while he/she could be residing an attractive life with a clean kinfolk which will play with a great puppy?

Research breed specific rescues in your area or simply.just go to petfinder.com and you can customize your search to find and adult dog in the breeds you want and yes you.can email the foster parent about the dog.

You can go to CraigsList.com (Choose your location). Go to your local shelter and see if they have an older dog. Look in the newspaper too.