What is emotional cheating?

I'm single. I approached a stranger at a restaurant and flirted with him. When he asked for my number, he said that he was looking for a tutor for his niece. (I'm a tutor.) But then he texted me a few minutes later, saying, "It was nice to meet you!" I waited a couple of days and then texted him to ask if he was single. He said, "Dating but not married. How about you?" I said, "Not married, unattached, and not really even looking, but I spotted you across the room. Are you seeing anyone?" He said, "Yes, I am, but I'm extremely flattered ;-) " I said, "Wipe that cocky smile off your face. You're an asshole and you know it."

Was I too hard on him, or did he emotionally cheat on his girlfriend?

Favorite Answer

Technically, cheating is having a relationship with someone else when one is already married (or currently already has a boyfriend or girlfriend).

If you two aren't lovers, I wouldn't saying he's currently cheating on her, but he's trying to have another lover, so it is possible he will in the future.