Do Catholics really take their religion seriously?

Or is it more like the Flying Spaghetti Monster cult, more of a good chuckle than anything?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Catholics that are actually practicing do, but unfortunately there are far too many people who call themselves Catholic but truly aren't.

• 8 years ago

Catholics have been taking their religion seriously for the best part of 2000 years. the Protestant religions are less than 500 years old and most of the happy-clappy fundie "Christian" religions are less than 50 years old and few people take them seriously. Unfortunately there are thousands of them.

• xK
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Most Catholics I know pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to follow, but I think that's true with most religions.

• 8 years ago

Many do! Of course like any religion you get the people that do it only out of habit or tradition and not all seriousness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • no
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I have found very few that even know what they believe. Many are "die-hard" Catholics, but in name only. If you actually show most of them things in their Catechism, they wont believe you even after reading it.

• 8 years ago

yes I do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.