DINA asked in PetsBirds · 8 years ago

Is it too late to make a 3 years old Indian ringneck parakeet to talk ?

He doesn't make any noise and he is scared of me.

Favorite Answer

What do you mean he makes no noise? They are very screechy usually. Probably he/she won't learn to talk as such now. They are not really suited to cage life they are flock birds & do better in an aviary setting. Unless this birds has been hand reared he/she is bound to be scared.

We had an IRN parakeet she was 12 months old allegedly when we bought her & she was very afraid & never talked just screeched. She got tamer over a period of 18 months & would eat out of our hand & come on our arm on the table but we gave her too much freedom & didn't clip her wings, one day she flew straight over my head out the front door & was never seen again. Now we have baby Quaker & he is much more sociable & mimicking sounds.

No. It is not to late. Parakeets live up to around 13 years old. But be aware that parakeets are not great talkers. They can learn to mimic a few words with some training. I hope this helped! Good luck!

It probably will not talk as it doesn't seem to be tame so it has no desire to mimic you. They are also not known to be good talkers. You also mention your bird is scared of you. I would strongly encourage you to gently work with your pet so he learns not to fear you and slowly you can tame it so you can enjoy each other's company. Your bird will be a lot happier if he is tame and is no longer afraid. It is quite rewarding and not too difficult. You just need to be calm and patient while you work with him. I added a link below to a site with information on taming Indian Ringneck Parakeets.

Good luck!

Parakeets are best taught at a younger age but can still be taught when they get older it just becomes harder. This site might be helpful, http://www.lisashea.com/petinfo/articles/bird_talk... i don't have parakeets but i thought i would help the best i could

Tabletas para cualquiera, desde las más básicas hasta las más avanzadas en amazon siempre hay el mejor precio. He comprado y antes tabletas en amazon y siempre me he quedad sin ellas porque son de muy buena calidad así que he querido comprarme la mejor tableta disponible solo para mí, la tableta esta aun mejor que en la descripción y vale cada céntimo que lo he pagado, la pantalla es perfecta, tiene 12.5, excelente para una tableta, va perfectamente porque tiene una buena cantidad de memoria RAM y un buen procesador, al final la tableta es mucho mejor que mi portátil, una excelente compra.