Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 years ago

How can I afford to move out after separating from my husband?

My husband and I have been married for 4 years, we have no children but a house/mortgage that is in both of our names. I earn a little over minimum wage but my husband earns a considerable more than me.

Our marriage has been on the rocks for a while and believe me I have tried everything to get it back on track, he has completely changed and has absolutely no interest in me or our future. There are no 3rd parties involved.

Basically I have no savings and I am earning very little money in my full time job. I really don't know what to do as I can not afford to pay the bills/mortgage on our home by myself and I can not afford to move out either. I can't go on living the way we are and I feel so trapped.

Has anyone got any advice as to what my next step can be.

Thank you.

• pk
    Favorite Answer

See if you can finagle some spousal support for a shirt time while you pursue a degree at your local community college in a marketable trade.

That's a good jumping off point.

Many careers are available for people just starting out, like LPN.

You aren't rich, but those types of jobs enable you to be self sufficient. You just can't buy Prada.

:)

And it's only a start.

Good luck!

I understand exactly where you are coming from. The sad truth is that you many have to stay until you can better yourself. This is what I did for many years. This is what a lot of women have to do. I had a child I had to raise and knew that I couldn't give to her what I wanted to if I left him. Just make a plan and set a goal Start working on it now. Go to school and get a really good job. You will have to set your self up for later because you have no choice. Good Luck

Source(s): Hindsight's 20/20 after 62 years of living
  • One

Live with family, friends or get a room mate. Or get a 2nd job if you want to live alone.

Get an education

Get a better job

Don't stay there just because you can't afford it. Its not fair to him.