Adrianna asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

My gums hurt so much?

I'm not sure if this has to do with the tooth I chipped a year ago in the back, but the pain is near that tooth. It's really not the tooth that hurts though, it's my gums. :( They do bleed a lot when I brush them and I keep having to take painkillers. Unfortunately I can't go to the dentist any time soon because I can't afford it. What could this be and what should I do (till I eventually see a dentist)? This is on the right side and the back half of my gums. Pushing on my gums with my fingers doesn't hurt but opening my mouth or moving my lips around makes it hurt a lot. I actually can't find the exact source of the pain. :( When I push my cheek and make it touch my gums, I can feel them beating..it's quite a throbbing pain.

You have a type of gum disease, ( i'm not a Dr.) but i have some what of the same problem with out the pain. sounds as if you also have an infection somewhere in your gums. I would rinse your mouth with Listerine (blue) taste better lol frequently. and see a Dentist ASAP! Gum disease is serious and can lead to other complications down the road.