How to keep up a strapless dress?

I have this strapless bodycon dress with a sweetheart shape to it. The problem is that it won't stay up. It doesn't slip down but the chest part is not tight enough. Is there anything I can do to stop it falling down?

Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Take it to a tailor and get it altered.

• 8 years ago

There is double-sided tape made just for this sort of thing. Sometimes you can even find it at dollar stores. You could also try wearing a pushup type bra (strapless obviously) to see if that helps. If you know how to sew a bit, you can sew in a couple of little hooks (the type often sewn above zippers on dresses) into the inside of the dress that can hook onto your bra to make is stay up.

Source(s): I'm a seamstress
  • 4 years ago

RE: How do you maintain a strapless bra + strapless gown from slipping down? I'm wearing a strapless gown with a strapless bra for graduation at present, and because i'm wearing the grad. gown over it i will't be continuously pulling it up. Any suggestions on making this outfit stay wide awake? D: thank you a gaggle!!

• C J
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Get it altered so the top is tighter. Or wear a strapless bra so you pad it out a bit more. Or get double sided tape. Or a combination of all 3.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You can get it tailored or you could pin it up in the back. You could also try wearing some sort of thick sleeveless undershirt to help hold it up.

• 8 years ago

Double-sided tape.

• 8 years ago

Maybe try taking the top in a little so that it's tighter and fits better?

• 8 years ago

get it altered, wear a strapless bra, or use double sided tape

• 8 years ago

Try clipping a safety pin on the dress.... It might work.

Source(s): Wouldn't you like to know.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.