How to keep up a strapless dress?

I have this strapless bodycon dress with a sweetheart shape to it. The problem is that it won't stay up. It doesn't slip down but the chest part is not tight enough. Is there anything I can do to stop it falling down?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Take it to a tailor and get it altered.

There is double-sided tape made just for this sort of thing. Sometimes you can even find it at dollar stores. You could also try wearing a pushup type bra (strapless obviously) to see if that helps. If you know how to sew a bit, you can sew in a couple of little hooks (the type often sewn above zippers on dresses) into the inside of the dress that can hook onto your bra to make is stay up.

Source(s): I'm a seamstress

RE: How do you maintain a strapless bra + strapless gown from slipping down? I'm wearing a strapless gown with a strapless bra for graduation at present, and because i'm wearing the grad. gown over it i will't be continuously pulling it up. Any suggestions on making this outfit stay wide awake? D: thank you a gaggle!!

• C J

Get it altered so the top is tighter. Or wear a strapless bra so you pad it out a bit more. Or get double sided tape. Or a combination of all 3.

You can get it tailored or you could pin it up in the back. You could also try wearing some sort of thick sleeveless undershirt to help hold it up.

Double-sided tape.

Maybe try taking the top in a little so that it's tighter and fits better?

get it altered, wear a strapless bra, or use double sided tape

Try clipping a safety pin on the dress.... It might work.

Source(s): Wouldn't you like to know.