Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 years ago

Can you soft reset one step before hatching a Pokemon to try and get a shiny?

I'm trying to get a shiny Pokemon, and I saved one step before hatching an egg. If I keep soft resetting, could it be shiny? Or will I always have the same non shiny Pokemon that hatches?

I am using the Masuda method.

Favorite Answer

no, but a Pokemon may hatch shiny if the egg is traded to another game

Source(s): I got a surprise when a Dratini hatched pink on a different White version than the egg was originally obtained (I made sure the thing was female before sending the egg, it was normal the first time)

The masuda method won't matter for this.

Anyways, Im not sure if you get a different egg each time you hatch. I think its predetermined when the old man gives it to you. Just put a magma in the front of your party to hatch them quicker. Then it won't take you so long. Or, just go to a pokemon shop like this one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2875...

Thats the one i prefer. He will breed anything you like, shiny or not, EVs, IVs, and moves. All for FREEEEEEEEE

• James

No, shininess and everything else are determined as soon as the old man gives you the egg.