are people more harsh on Christian artist?

People like Toby Mac and Lecrae who could compete with any Secular Artist are not getting a lot of attention.. is it because they are Christians?

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

This is as much a matter of marketing as Christian vs. non. Those who hear about the music are those who buy it. If it's marketed to Christians, it's sold to them. A secular audience is broader, so the competition is harder, and most marketers don't want to lose their audience by playing things non-Christians find offensive.

• Swoope

It's what I'm led to believe. Christianity or any religious view isn't accepted in general society but people and especially when it involves music, it makes people dislike Christians more. As a Christian myself I listen to the likes of Lecrae and others and have friends who listen to secular music, I respect most genres an opinions of others when it comes to music so I respect it.

Looking at it as a whole, people do turn away from it 'just because he/she/they are Christian' HOWEVER there are Christian artists who do talk about other things apart from their fatih.

I'm actually in a Christian rap/rock group called House Upon a Rock. (We're on Facebook.) I have to agree with you that people like to hate on Christian artist. The reason is that the Christian artist don't meet their standards. They want the Christian artists to "sell out to secular". They don't want to be convicted by the Holy Spirit which is in their music.

Source(s): I'm in a Christian group so I know what I'm talking about.
  • It's because the Lord is with them! With Christ all things are possible. Aso there are many more artists like:

Canon

Swoope

Young Chozen

And i'm sure you know the 116 Clique right? (Lecrae,Kb,Trip Lee,etc.)

But yeah i guess it's that. Anyway if you want any album for free check out my youtube channel I have a few for free. if you don't find any you're looking fir email me for ANY album. (i got em all lol) GDAWG4232@gmail.com