Why do some women go after men that are already taken?

I just don't understand. Why can't they find their a SINGLE guy? I have never gone after a taken guy, it's too messed up. I'm asking this because there's a girl who's known for this and she was flirting with my boyfriend. She cheats on her boyfriends all the time, finds guys who are taken and ruins the relatinoships. She ruined a 5 year relationship...And she's not even pretty!

love,

momo

Favorite Answer

They are fickle, jealous beasts

Maybe cuz the taken guys are the type they are looking for. It works for both sexes. It's actually easier than getting a single person. The plan of attack is observe the current GF, then try to excel in a few areas that she has faults in.

It's even easier if the guy complains about her. Like, if he says he can't stand the way his GF complains about his music, then the predator girl will never complain, and pretend to like his music.

I've seen it happen a million times. I knew several people into this type of behavior. But at the end of the day, they never get lasting relationships, or quality ones. And they rarely get single people other than rebounds. It eventually becomes that they can only get mates this way.

Of course, this is not all people. There are people who really don't care if you are single or not. They just want you . They don't care if your mate is hot or big or smart or whatevs. They just want to try their hand at achieving you. They don't even care if THEY'RE single.

I know plenty of people like this.

MAN MOMO... We should meet up..IRL.. When I am 18 l0l.. on Feb 3.... but @Question

Most women are simply like that :/

NAWALT is a poor excuse

Also Women want what they probably can't have... I guess

WOW She ruined a 5 yr relationship and she's not even pretty .. DAMN... Those guys would sleep with anything LOL

I've always noticed this too, but I never knew how strong it was until I had a fling one weekend. Women were all over me for a week, and we didn't tell anyone. I assure you, this effect, whatever it is, is stronger than you think. (And it works both ways)

Personally, I think it has its roots in Theory of Mind. If one person is desired by another, then others will believe that the desired person has value of some kind and are naturally attracted to them.

Women naturally tend to want to be around certain men so they tend to bunch around an alpha male. What better sign of alpha male than one who is in a relationship?

There was a news article some years back of a culture in south africa where it was deemed desirable by women to have had an std because it showed u were an alpha male of sorts

Hey momo:)!

Those types of people are thrill seekers with little to no respect for themselves. Because if they had respect for themselves they would not abrasively attach themselves to people who are in a relationship. but you also have to look at the other party involved. Sometimes people in relationships like the attention and want to encourage it. Sometimes they dont. As long as you have someone that respects you, you have nothing to worry about.

Because Momo there are a lot of shallow girls who chase after the same guy who is usually good looking, its for bragging rights

The single, available man is D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S. He is untested and unproven. The taken man has received the official seal of womankind that he a capable of attracting and maintaining a relationship with a woman.

This is true.

When I had a girlfriend, girls would eye me up all the time.

Since I was single no girl ever even notices me at all.

mabey they see it as an ego boost that they can just take people away or a power/control thing

mabey they just feel like going after them and dont care about letting their girlfriends get in the way

This is the problem I'm faced with my brother who is taken gets all kinds of girls talking to him and showing interest while I'm single and no girls show interest in me.