Why do I find myself still thinking about him like this? Advice?

This guy and I messed around for 6 months. Long story short he wasn't fully ready for a relationship (it was always one day he was ready for a future with me the next he wasn't. One day I was the most horrible person in the world next I wasn't. One day he misses me the next lose his number).  Well I just let him go because we both agreed I deserved better than him just having sex with me. 

I hadn't seen him in about 2 months. Well I finally did Saturday and it was like we never met each other. We both clearly saw each other. Looking each other square in the face but as we got closer we just turned our head to the person we were with. An then we even pasted each other a second time and the same thing happened. 

I was completely fine with that at the time but it was weird when I saw him I found myself still wanting to run up to him hugging him like I usually do. Then for us just to walk past each other like we never met hurts I'm not going to even lie. 

All today I found him on my mind and right now I'm even crying (just a few tears thats been building up today) because honestly....I don't even know why. I thought I was over him. I know us not talking is for the better but yet I still feel like this.

Is this normal? 

Advice would be great 

• Frank
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, it's normal.

You wanting to hug him like you used to is just an indication of you wanting to return to that old comfort zone that you were so used to. As smart as we are, we're incredibly stupid when it comes to letting go of bad habits.

You obviously felt for him and the reason you decided to get on with life is because the feeling wasn't mutual. All the rational logic in the world won't make you feel better because in times like these we tend to react like little kids who have their toys taken away from them. Nothing wrong with feeling sad. We're human after all.

I think you made the right decision. Stick to your guns. You deserve better and when you do meet someone who cares about you, you'll find that it was worth the pain you're going through right now.

Things fall apart sometimes so better things can fall together.

Take care.