Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 years ago

Is it time to cut FEMA funding like Romney and Ryan want?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That would show the true intelligence of the GOP---cut FEMA before a storm to save taxpayers money.

That is also the reason republicans are unfit to govern.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Romney continued to campaign this morning until he was shamed into cancelling. Remember he and Ryan want to do away with FEMA. "Just let people take care of themselves". Well, the Governors of the thee states effected asked for and immediately got the approval for Federal aid. Reality !!!!!! Ryan voted 7 times to cut FEMA.

• 8 years ago

You just called out the hand of karma. Next week your home will be struck with a wild fire, tornado or flood, maybe worse, if you support this Romney/Ryan plan.

Mitt Romney: Federal Disaster Relief For Tornado And Flood Victims Is ‘Immoral'

From the primary debates earlier this year:

Asked about federal disaster relief for recent tornado and flood victims at last night’s GOP debate, candidate Mitt Romney called the spending “immoral” and said the Federal Emergency Management Agency should be privatized. With greenhouse pollution on the rise, the United States has been struck by a “punishing series of billion-dollar disasters.”

Embracing a radical anti-government ideology from the most extreme elements of the Tea Party, Romney said that the victims in Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Massachusetts, and other communities hit by tornadoes and flooding should not receive governmental assistance. He argued it is “simply immoral” for there to be deficit spending that could harm future generations:

MORE...

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/06%E2%80%A6

• 8 years ago

So stopping deficit spending is more important than helping people suffering through a disaster? Or we could just cover it by raising taxes a bit on the wealthy, who are enjoying near-historic low tax rates, and pay for it like that.

But I suppose we know where R/R's priorities are....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nobody with a brain could vote Romney/Ryan

• 8 years ago

??????

Because we're never going to have any more natural disasters?

No. Given the effects of climate change, we'll be seeing MORE and WORSE ones.

Unlike wing-nuts, most of us do NOT take joy at the sight of needless suffering and death.

• Oscar
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The people with their hand stuck out will oppose it.

Funny thing happened a few years ago. A tornado came through and wiped me out. Barn, shed, house, my pick-up etc. I had no insurance and I won't go begging so I ended up starting over from scratch.

So don't tell me it can't be done without. Been there, done that. Got the tee-shirt and funny hat.

Has anyone even bothered doing a cost, benefit analysis to see if it is worth it. Or do they just automatically defend hand outs to the beggars.

• Locke
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

If people knew better, they would know that FEMA isn't the only disaster relief we have. The National Guard is just anther disaster relief program. People need to read more.

• 8 years ago

Yeah, Romney said "for the government to help people during a national disaster was "immoral."

Romney = uncaring snob.

• 8 years ago

Sure if you are an idiot. OH wait. sounds like you are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.