I am thinking using a bosch spark plug that does not require gaping the plug. are those good?

I am thinking using it in my garden tractor, its got a 12.5HP OHV Briggs and Stratton air cooled engine, will it work and will it damage anything? thanks.

Favorite Answer

your plugs are normally gapped according to the model you bought it for, the same as when you buy for cars, and most brands are of the same basic standard

• zabel

most of the BOSCH platinium spark plugs are pre-gapped and might't be relatively re-gapped. it ought to be a solid thought to be certain the clearance between the plug contacts, yet while the hollow has unfolded or electrodes have burned away, you may replace the plugs with new ones. what form of auto are we speaking approximately?

I never heard of one you need need not gap. One of those split anode ones? But Bosch makes a good product.