How many electoral votes does North Carolina have? And how was this number derived?

I need to know this for a school project. (Yes, I am allowed to get help) I think it is 15 voted but I just needed to make sure. And how was it derived? Thanks and try to get back to me soon. :)

Favorite Answer

15

Each state has as many votes as it has Congressional representatives and Senators combined. The number of representatives is set by population and is adjusted every ten years after each census. The total is fixed at 435 and each state gets at least one. Every state has two senators and so has at least three electoral votes.

It's not exactly based on population. It's based on how many representatives each state has in Congress -- thus, even the least populted states have 3 (2 Senators and one Rep in the House).

Any electoral map will tell you.

15. Electoral votes have to do with each state's population. Example: California - 55