what should i do with this relationship?

i have been with my baby's father for more than 3 years we have a 2year old daughter and we recently broke up and i left to live with my mother again. the reason why we broke up was because we would argue a lot and he would accuse me of cheating all the time when i never gave him no reason. he had cheated on me on the past so i guess he had that insecurity that i would do it. we would argue over the dumbest stuff. one day it just got out of control and he socked me in my face. he was mad cuz i wanted to leave him and he choked me with a belt and he than said sorry but i did leave. his mom came and helped me take my stuff out. it has been 2 months since this happen his been asking me to go back that he as changed. and i forgot to mention he smoked weed all time. everyone would say that's what caused him to get mad and aggressive . he has said he will never be the same to go back and all these things. he text me all day long . my parents don't want me to go back with him. i have told friends about it, but i leave out the part he hit me because i feel embarrassed. so i need honest advice. i am really scared to ever go back with him cuz what if he does end up hitting me again. what should i do

okay first off, you shouldnt be with a man that hits you especially with a kid around because then your child will be raised in the household that hitting is okay; and its not. & also, if he is like that then he may even hit your daughter and you need to protect her first and foremost.

BUT...

on the other hand If you really do love him and you trust that he is different now then give him another chance but honey as soon as he even thinks about laying a hand on you, leave. I have a pretty good example, I have been with my boyfriend for going on 3 years now and about year 2 he decided cheating was a good idea and I caught him so I left him. about 6 months after I had left he kept texting me and emailing me saying he had changed and that I should give him a chance, so I left my whole life behind and went back to him. My parents were saying they would disown me and basically be done with me because he is a scum bag but I love him so I went back. they didnt disown me btw. (: but I gave him another chance and we now are happier then ever. We got a dog, a house, bank account together, and even our phone plan is together now.

so in all honesty, you cant help who you love.

but protect your baby girl, please.

Source(s): very personal to me

Lady my family used to be like that im sixteen now and my father is the same thing you described if you want your child to be healthy leave as possible!!

He sounds like a total maniac. He could go to prison for hitting you, u know? Ignore him completely and move on

What do u think? Use some common sense. Do not go back. It's over!

Source(s): Self respect

I would stay away from him. If he does hit you or harm you again he will repeat and repeat

Stay away from him.

stay away from him, call the police.