Light bleeding after period?

Ok to sum it up. My period lasted for 4 days (a little abnormal for me). The first couples days of the period were normal then the last 2 days were light. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the day after I "ended" my period. now I have been spotting for 3 days! Pregnant?? Any suggestions??

• Jackie

There is a low chance that you are pregnant. Any time that you use no protection there are chances that you could be pregnant. However, USUALLY, when you have your period the unfertilized egg has left your body and a new one isn't going to release until 2 weeks from then. SO in theory the most infertile time you have is 2 weeks after your period. HOWEVER there is a chance that your body released more than 1 egg and maybe there could be another one lingering in there.

Here's the bottom line: Your body needs a couple things to get pregnant. 1- A soft bloody lining in your uterus for a fertilized egg to land on and attach. 2- An egg. 3- Sperm (at least one). When you are on your period your body is getting rid of the old lining and building a new one, and dropping that old egg to prepare for a new one to take it's place. When those things are gone you can't get pregnant.