Can i sue an inn for contracting staph infection?

My fiance and I had to live in an inn for 2 weeks in between relocating. We could only afford this place so we stayed. Anyways this inn is filthy and they have no maid service and roaches. A week after we had been there I found a boil on me but I treated it and it ended up spreading all over me. I had to go to the hospital two different times and had to have a surgical procedure done. I've taken two different meds but three months later its still coming back. I don't have insurance and owe the hospital a lot of money. Idk how I'm going to take care of this but I think they should have to pay. I've never had anything like this before until we went to that nasty inn. Don't ever stay at the playground inn in fort Walton beach Florida. I cleaned the room myself and still contracted this awful infection.

• You'll never prove where the infection developed, so it's a waste of time even trying. If it was so dirty, why did you stay? That will also work against you.

PS, I'd advise you to remove your comment with the name of the hotel, because what you have posted is libellous and will get you sued for a lot more than you have.

Nope. Staph is naturally already ON your body, Therefore, you can not sue anyone over a simple staph infection, Now a super staph infection is different, but you probably won't live long enough to go to court.

You are probably correct that you contracted it at the inn but proving it will be a big issue. I doubt you will find a lawyer to take your case.

• HD

it's almost impossible for you to prove you contacted staph from the motel. my former girlfriend got staph from she believed was a hotel swimming pool but she couldn't prove it. staph is extremely hard to get rid of, it took some very expensive medication and months to cure, she was miserable.