My car place has been calling my job even after i asked them not to. Is that legal or harrassment?

They told me that because i have a car with them It is legal for them to harrass me at work.

first for all of you that tried to answer. i dont owe them anything. i am current with all my payments...some of you should do research before you answer questions...Got with a lawyer to find out my answer....Any creditor, third party or not CAN NOT contact you at work if you have told them they can not contact you there...

• lcr000
    Favorite Answer

if it is the dealer or used car lot that sold you the car they are free to call you, the do not call me applies only to 3rd party collectors, pay them

• Kyle

It is legal and it is perfectly legal harassment.

The prohibition about calling someone's employer only applies to a third party debt collector. If you owe the "car place" money, you need to pay them or they will keep calling.

Don't blame them. If you pay the payments, they won't call you. If you can't pay, then give the car back and be prepared to pay the difference between what you owe and what they sell it for.

Why are you mad at them? You owe money, you aren't paying. That's not their fault. Find a way to pay.

• M W

You can call it harassment if you want, but they just want their money. You owe the money, find a way to pay it and they will stop calling.

If you don't pay, they will come and get your car.

OMAGOSH how frightening!!!! you certainly did the main appropriate situation. I mean this weirdo might have escalated into even worse habit and might have doubtlessly exchange into threatening. believe me i could comprehend, I had a stalker years in the past and it became into the main frightening situation ever and he did increase into violence yet I pushed and pushed and he have been given arrested. You certainly did the main appropriate situation, for you and the different ladies he became into harassing too. Your protection and peace of innovations is greater significant and he did it to himself!

• WRG

If this is the original entity that owns the debt they can do pretty much what ever they want to collect it. The restrictions are all on debt collection agencies.

• Pat

What the hell is a "car place"?

If they're trying to collect money you owe them, they must stop calling you if you tell them to.

However, they can continue with other debt collection methods, such as repossession or lawsuit.

Tell them to stop calling your job or else there will be a mysterious fire at the facility that they work at

Try paying them,. Then they won't call!

ask your boss, usually it is ilegal