WH asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 8 years ago

If you feed human blood to a spider, will it become smarter/stronger?

So there's this spider in my bathroom (I don't know what species) and I've fed it a few times by launching bugs at its web with a piece of paper, then he/she proceeds to catch them and drink their blood. I was wondering if I were to give the spider some of my own blood (don't ask me how), if it could possibly have an effect on the spider... So basically will drinking human blood instead of insect blood be better or worse for the spider?

Favorite Answer

No it won't and it probably would not even be interested. That is not how spiders feed, and insect endolymph is much more than just "insect blood".

Spiders are not bloodsuckers. They eat insects by consuming their bodies by softening them with their venom.

Even if it would drink human blood, it wouldn't have any effect on the spider.

Just give your little friend a bug now and then and it will be quite happy.

Source(s): UC Irvine, entomology

I don't think anything would happen, but if I were you I wouldn't risk it because it might not be able to digest human blood and could have a negative reaction as a result.

consider out toes Allowed.. answer no.a million... I threw up.. Ur EPIC FAIL!! eating blood for 10 yrs.. Dude, are u for genuine? Ur loopy to have confidence such stuffs and much greater to attempt such stuffs...

agree without ft Allowed.. answer no.a million... I threw up.. Ur EPIC FAIL!! eating blood for 10 yrs.. Dude, are u for actual? Ur loopy to have self assurance such stuffs and much greater to attempt such stuffs...