remediation project.. changing the ugly duckling to a diff. audience and purpose?

I have to change the story of the ugly duckling so that you can tell its from the ugly duckling but has a different audience and purpose. for example, i could change it into a play and have it be for older people. i need two remediations! help!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

re·me·di·a·tion (r-md-shn)

n.

The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/remediation).

Thus you need to correct the fault or deficiency in the story, which your teacher would probably say is the fact the duckling needs to conform to society's ideals of beauty in order to be accepted. Thus you would change the story to one in which society realises differences should be accepted, and further are an integral part of life. You could write a play in which a tragedy happens to the bullies, which makes them realise it is not the duckling's fault he is different (and even if it was, differences should be accepted).

Or you could write something based on gender, class or race differences (the English teacher will love you) - to be really subversive, you could write something about someone not fitting in because they are too "posh." However, a safe bet is a woman not fitting into an all-male workplace, a working class person not fitting into a school, or a person of a different race not fitting into their environment because they are bullied; something then happens to change the bullies' thinking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.