Emis asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 years ago

The bank would not let me refinance my current home. If my now husband is listed will I have a better chance?

of getting refinanced?

Showing he has income also.

Favorite Answer

Your eligibility for a refinance will depend on a few things. They will look at your credit rating, as well as your husband's, along with your payment history and how much debt you are currently carrying. Do you or your husband know your credit score? If you haven't checked your credit score in awhile, you might want to do it before you get too far into the refinance process.

It could help or it could hurt. The only way to know for sure is to talk to a mortgage broker and/or reapply.

If the reason you were denied was because of lack of income, then showing his income should help. If you were denied for other reasons such as being upside down then it might not make any difference.

May not necessarily. There's many reasons why a bank would reject your application. From bad credit, bad investment to paperwork error..so it might have nothing to do with the husband. Which bank did you go to? I went with dbs for my home refiance project and it was relatively alright..