Anthony asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

Gums receding on a few teeth only, but I floss and brush regularly - could it be from wisdom teeth?

I brush at least twice a day and floss at least once. Recently I have noticed the gums have receded a bi (and seemingly pretty quickly) on my two front teeth. If you look close, you can see where the gum used to come down on the tooth. The space is now probably 1.5 mm.... I have also noticed that the right tooth has slightly moved down a bit, and is now a little lower than the left one. Also, a month or so ago, I had a weird feeling in the right front one. A feeling like it had moved a bit. Hard to describe, but it just felt "weird".

I drink coffee (two cups daily) and beer (one glass daily) but I still brush and floss all the time, and this seems pretty recently happening. Recently also, I have noticed that sometimes I will wake up and my teeth/jaw feel weird, ALL DAY. Sometimes my teeth don't line up when my bottom jaw is comfortable, and if I make my teeth line up correctly, my jaw feels out of whack.

I was told to get my wisdom teeth out about 4 years ago, and haven't yet (time and money). I know for a fact two of them are growing in sideways, against the other molars. Is it possible for all of this trouble (the jaw misalignment, the tooth moving, the gums receding) to be coming from the wisdom teeth? If not, what else could it be? I brush all the time and take care of my teeth, so I don't know why my gums have receded so quickly, but only in that one spot it seems??

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!!!

• Sometimes you can be brushing too hard on the gum.The gum recession has nothing to do

with other teeth pain and movement and jaw. that is probably the widsom teeth.

The gum recession has a lot to do with not getting enough micro nutrients. You can go

to the health food store and get Homeopathic cell salts. These are micro doses of

calcium, phosphorous etc that the body needs or has a deficiency in. You can take

these once a day for a couple weeks and then give a break for a week. They will help

your gums stay healthy.

There are 3 aspects to cover: - a million. A brushing (for 2 minutes minimum), flossing and mouthwash regime two times each and every day will help you. 2. verify you pass on your dentist a minimum of each 12 months for a checkup and to work out the hygenist. 3. a competent, healthful, balanced food regimen with lots of fruit and veg. sturdy luck :)

Only a professional cleaning would remove the tartar and plaque below your gum line. That's what causes gums to recede.