Computer acts as if CTRL is pushed?

I have a major problem with my computer.

Problem:

My computer seems to think that the CTRL button is pushed all the time, I can barely use it. Every action I use on my computer it does as if the CTRL button is pushed.

I have tried plugging both the keyboard and mouse out but nothing helps (that means that this is isn't caused by the keyboard or mouse). I have also tried sticky buttons but that doesn't help either. I just wish for this problem to be fixed so that I can use my computer as usual. I have also tried updating the drivers for the keyboard but that didn't help either (well obviously, since the problem doesn't lie with the keyboard).

Please help me, I have googled all night but for naught.

Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Pull up your virtual keyboard, shut down, physically remove the keyboard, and boot it up.

If the ctrl key is shown pressed on the virtual keyboard, it is a software issue. If the problem is fixed, you need a new keyboard

To get the onscreen keyboard;

Click Windows/Start

type "ease" in the search/run box.

Select 'Ease of Access Center' from the options

Click on 'Start On-Screen Keyboard'

Source(s): Old Geek