Question about creating a web-site with user generated content?

Firstly, I'd like to point out that my web development skills are quite basic as 1st year

of a college degree is my only experience in the field.

The content, in my case, would be song lyrics.

Most of the lyrics websites out there today allow users to submit lyrics through a form

and then a new page is created within the site.

I am quite familiar with PHP & MySQL but I have no idea how to do this.

Any suggestions or links to any relative tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

@AtaDFah,

I don't know how to create a form that will create a page with a unique URL.

Best Answer

How do you say you're familiar with PHP & MySQL and don't know how to do it? Create a page with a form. The form then will send data to *.php page which will "INSERT INTO `table` VALUES (...)...". And you're basicly done with adding data. Make also a page for outputing data: "SELECT * FROM `table`...". These are very basic skillz. VERY BASIC.

It would be fairly difficult to add a dynamic page with a unique URL. What I would suggest is create a template page where you can pass an ID parameter that indicates the data record you want to show on the page. For example: http://www.songlyrics.com?id=33