Hi fellow seniors, are you interested in winter sports?

I have a marginal interest in some of them like Skiing and Bobsled but I do love to watch Figure Skating.

No I've never stepped foot on the ice but I do admire those graceful skaters who glide, jump and twizzle on something like a pool of frozen water which always leaves me wondering how on earth they manage to stay upright.

So are there anymore fans of winter sports amongst us?

• Snid
    Best Answer

I love to watch skating, hockey, skiing, bobsled but have no interest in extreme sports. Nor do I care for snow boarding or anything to do with snow mobiles.

I only like to watch. I used to love to skate until one day about 33 years ago when I took my then 6 year old daughter and her friend down to the lake to skate one brilliant Sunday morning. Next thing I knew I was lying on my back looking at the sky. All I could think was, "DON'T throw up in front of these girls!"

I'm not an avid fan, most of it seems to involve high speeds and I can't keep up with those, not particularly interest in them either.

I have to admire the flexibility of those negotiating the slalom and the grace and skill in the figure skating although they make me feel giddy sometimes.

It also makes me feel so cold while watching, perhaps I should record winter sports in case we ever have a heatwave.

I tried skiing once while over in Utah and spent a week hobbling

about with a sprained ankle, so my idea of winter sports is on

TV these days, Lily.

I do, however, like to watch sports in winter which usually means

wearing a thick set of thermals under my normal clothes and then

drinking a beef tea drink whilst watching rugby.

• gussie

I used to enjoy watching pairs figure skating, especially Isabelle Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler. However on a personal level, the only winter sport I have any expertice in is slipping and sliding.If it were an olympic event I'd have the gold.

• S

I too love ice skating. I hate the winter cold, but enjoy watching various events on the t.v. I like to see that young fellow ,Shawn White with his snow board and all the skaters, ski high jumps, sleds most of them.

Yes, I do love to watch it on the TV. Living in the tropics, its all another world to us here. I love to see the downhill skiiers, the ice skating and the snow boarding . What amazing skills they all have. The 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia will have me glued to the TV for the duration !

• Lily, I have no interest in ANY sports.

So that cuts out about 77% of theoretical TV viewing hours.

Every Saturday morning when I look at the weekend's TV schedule, and the vast tsunami of sport heading my way, I suddenly lose the will to live.

I really enjoy watching the Winter Olympics, but I am no longer very active in sports. I just like doing a good hike.

I use to love sledding when we got enough snow! :-).

• john

I look forward to the Winter Olympics every four years.I enjoy speed skating and bob sledding.I like ice hockey but Atlanta's minor league team is out in the suburbs which is a long drive.

And yes,I played pond hockey as a child.

• Bob

Sure. I like American football. But I also enjoy watching the more conventional winter fun: skiing, skating, etc..