Jim asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

What position should I play for High school Football?

I am 5"4 100 lbs, and i plan to play high school football next year.(freshman) I run the 40 yard dash in 4.9 seconds. I played Tailback on offense and DB on defense in pop Warner last year. But im lacking size this year so what should i go out for? i get to choose one position on defense And one on offense. what should i try out for? P.S I also have good hands.

• Cu Tie
    Favorite Answer

Based on your height and weight, as well as your good hands and 40-yard dash time, I believe that the best fit for you is at the wide receiver position. You have the ideal size for a high school freshman wide receiver. Keep in mind, some high school freshman wide receivers are shorter than 5 feet, and weigh less than 100 pounds. On defense, I believe that your best fit is at cornerback.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this upcoming (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch high school football player, who could go on to play college football in the future.

ur really not THAT short for halfback, seeing as how the average pro hb is around 5'8. try tieing ur feet to something high and hang down.. trust me u will grow 4 inches by the time ur out of high school if u do this every day(though u should talk to a doctor before doing this because it may have some negative effects) as for defense, db or safety will do, but i probably would try hb more. also, kicking pays millions of dollars in the nfl

I would play you at Wide Receiver or DB as a freshmen you are kinda fast but with your size you will need to run a 4.7 or faster by the time you start.

On offense in HS I was RG((right guard) n I was 5'3 and 120 n on defense try safty or linebacke

BenchWarmer