How Can I tell if someone else is using my wireless connection?

I have recently had someone move in to my residence. I set up a wireless security key but I still think they were able to get in. Does anyone know how I can check to make sure that my IP address is the only one using wifi. I have an ATT 2wire modem.

Favorite Answer

You would have to get onto your router/modem through the administration interface and see what IP addresses are using it. Sorry, I don't know the specifics of that modem so can't give you much more than that.

Well, you can check all your device up addresses, then go to command prompt and type in "ipconfig"

And go to ipv4 address

Copy that address and paste it into your web browser

Go to it and there should be something like "home network" if you can't find it just look around

Now look at the devices on the screen. If they don't have names, match the ip addresses. If you have a device that you don't think you own change your password and put it onto the highest security setting possible (for modern routers that is WPA2)

you can check from homepage of the modem.

as example you can check for the THOMSON modem from the" 10.0.0.138 "

then you can go to " Home Network "

in wireless how many user there.

better way you can make the access from the " MAC Address "

and make username and password for the homepage for homepage for the modem it self.

Good luck.

Source(s): manual for the modem.
  • yell

you could pass to my community places and look at workgroup desktops to work out if there are the different laptop as nicely your 2. you may log into your router/firewall by your browser, you could acquire the ip tackle via going to the beginning up menu, and selecting run, then form "cmd" interior the empty area, then hit enter, a dos window will open, form "ipconfig" on the command instantaneous and hit enter, this might return your ip config info, the gateway is your firewall's ip tackle, plug that huge style by using fact the tackle on your browser and a login demonstrate could pop up, the default is oftentimes something like person: administrator, pw: admin, yet examine your handbook it rather is going to inform you there. as quickly as logged in replace the admin password to something you will keep in mind, enable the authentication to 128 bit WEP, and create a password, cut back the style of DHCP addresses your firewall will hand out, and regulate different settings as you notice greater healthful. you will locate various information online on " the thank you to" merely via typing, "linksys secured community" interior the seek bar. in case you get to the login on your router/firewall and the person/pw has replaced from the default, then some no longer ordinary guy or woman theory it would be humorous to fasten you out, all you may do then is press and carry the reset button on the returned of the router with a pencil or something for 10-20 seconds to repair your gadget to production facility settings.