Help please! About a foreign exchange student. What should I do?

I need some help.

I'm 16 and the foreign exchange student is 16 also. She's from Norway and speaks perfect English so there's no language issues. Anyway, she came to the US in August and then we met and to sum it up she's a really nice girl, we've got a lot of things in common and I was totally falling for her. Didn't tell her my feelings because I didn't wanna make the friendship awkward but last night her and I were at a Halloween party and by the end of the night we were making out and yeah, she likes me that's for sure.

Thing is, she is only here until June and then she has to go back. I was thinking about this a lot last night and I'm willing to deal with the heartbreak when June comes around, and be in a relationship w/ her now because I swear I'm falling in love with her. As far as when June comes, probably a lot of Skype and Facebook because I can't just go to Norway, for obvious reasons.

Questions are, do You think I should get into a relationship with her (I'll make sure she's okay w/ that because of her having to go back in June. Want her to be happy too and if she feels that the heartbreak will be too much, I'll deal with it. I want her to be happy and I really care about her so if she won't be able to deal with the heartbreak, I'll deal with it.

Also, when she goes back to Norway, do you have any other suggestions for me to keep in contact with her and possibly see her again? All I can think of right now is Skype and Facebook.

Thank you for your help and I really appreciate it!

This is a repost. Didn't get any answers last time.

Favorite Answer

Thank you for answering! And ironically, I've actually liked a foreign exchange student in the past. It was obvious we liked each other, but I was scared of him leaving, so we were never officially together. I regret this SO MUCH. He was a great guy and I always wonder what it would have been like if I actually went out with him.

I say give it a go. You can't let your worries for the future take away the fun in the present!

i think that you should tell her now because you will end up regretting it in the end when she leaves.

Just my opinion:)