promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

why do people make graffiti writers out to be bad people?

im just wondering because i write graffiti and i have noticed that it seems like adults like to think we are gang memebers and we are ruining out community and that we are some of the worst people in society. they are wrong though because most graffiti isnt gang related at all. we make those plain white buildings pop and even a tag can bring a building alive more. i think it is mostly the media making a big deal because they choose to paint over or clean the graffiti up that costs money and makes it look it look worse than when there was graffiti over it. i just dont get it if someone could explain that would be great

Update:

for the people who say that most people hate it i have asked alot of people that were from like 16-25 and they said they liked it and why is it becoming such a big deal with companies and stuff. i agree though if it sucks take it down

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ds
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well

If is public property and not all people want it, do you want people painting your street and fence?

Some people do not see it as art

A lot of swear words are written in it

The fact that you are not given permission

Things like that

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Graffiti Writers Block

• Don S
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Mat,

You are defacing public, and private, property. There is nothing noble about graffiti and, while some consider it to be art, I consider it ugly and an indication that the "artists" have zero respect for others property and the beauty of a blank clean wall. While I do see some talent present I feel that it could be better channeled as formal art which could actually generate some income and an actual future instead of wasted and illegal time.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Look at it this way . . . how would you like it if somebody decided to express themselves by sneaking up and spray painting designs on your car because they think it would look better? Think about how you'd feel. That is why people make graffiti writers out to be bad people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

the way that society has been trained to understand graffiti is that it is gang affiliated. and businesses hate it because it could ruin their buildings but in all reality graffiti is art some of it doesn't look good but when it does it can make your jaw drop and i have been able to see some of those. and for the businesses that think its bad i disagree it can really draw in a younger generation if it wanted to.

Source(s): Life
  • Mulder
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Actual art with spray paint is fine in the right places, but squiggles and tags just make an area look like more of a sh!thole.

• 8 years ago

Most people find graffiti ugly.

Also, the graffiti makers are so filled with self-importance that it disgusts most normal people to see their public masturbation.

Finally, unless you have permission from the owner AND it is allowed under local ordinances, it is illegal and wrong.

Don't you really want to know what your parents did to you to make you defective in this way? Don't you want to be healthier, and not need to masturbate publicly??

• Mik
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

you're defacing public property. i don't care if it's the f*cking mona lisa of graffiti art.. graffit the walls of your home and all your friends' homes. if you have a lot of friends, you're set. if they're homeless, you're not. don't f*ing delude yourself....it is a counterculture act that only counterculture people like.

how would you like it if someone you don't know snuck into your abode and graffiti'd your kitchen with stuff you didn't ask for. like maybe not even an image,,,,maybe just spray painted your kitchen BLACK - semi-gloss

Source(s): common sense
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.