What's the deal with the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology?

I did a little digging and only 9 out of the 36 current members have any education in the hard science/STEM fields (I'm including those with medical degrees). If you don't include the MDs, it goes town to six. Shouldn't the people on this board be scientists, engineers, and doctors as a requirement instead of people like Todd Akin? Freaking Todd Akin is in the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology... sheesh.

This isn't partisan, the Republicans have fronted a few of their own. Roscoe Bartlett, Andrew P. Harris, and Dan Benishek all have at least an undergrad degree in biology.

I'm an independent, there is no "we"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_C...

This is the list of current members. I'm not posting all 36 links to each individual member because I am lazy and you can stand to do your own research.

Favorite Answer

link?

It is Murphy's law at play. We must get the likes of Akin out. That can happen when we take the House.

the right has looney bible thumpers....the left has 100million dysfunctional morons on welfare......at least the bible thumpers have jobs......

its embarrassing.

(R)'s do it on purpose, because they DENY SCIENCE