Bodybuilding gone wrong....?

I have decided to start bodybuilding. But i don't want to be some newbie who goes in and has no idea what the heck he is doing, looking stupid and not eating correctly. I wanted to do it so I wanna do it the RIGHT WAY. So far after 3 months I have been extremely consistent with a diet plan that I have only... show more I have decided to start bodybuilding. But i don't want to be some newbie who goes in and has no idea what the heck he is doing, looking stupid and not eating correctly. I wanted to do it so I wanna do it the RIGHT WAY. So far after 3 months I have been extremely consistent with a diet plan that I have only changed twice. The first time I was not taking in enough calories so I increased the calories from 3000 to 3800. quality protein with 6 meals a day such as (eggs, chicken breast, ground beef extra lean, pork tenderloin, protein bars, and whey powder when I need it. I have done alot of research for months about lifting weights for beginners and more for teens that have a hard time gaining weight. I have kept workouts 3-4 days a week, working chest and triceps, legs, shoulders and traps, and back and biceps and sometimes I will work the back with the chest and triceps just because I want to really develop the back. So getting to my point, I have worked consistent for these three months and eating 2-3 hours, keeping workouts 50mins long sometimes an hour, and eating a well formed diet plan built for bodybuilding and I have seen very little results. I seem to be gaining more fat than muscle. I still cant bench press more than 95 pounds from when I started with, and I cant squat more than when I started. I dont see any bulk in my body except for my stomach. I'm not perfect I have messed up a few times and ate fast food and pizza but not so much that I thought it was going to destroy any progress. What am i doing wrong? why am I not seeing any results? I have not gone from 155 pounds to 161 pounds and 16.7% body fat. Cant be good.
6 answers 6