Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 9 years ago

A question about Amazon Prime.?

Ok, so my mom has Amazon Prime, and apparently you can add people to your Prime account. How come I don't have any Prime advantages? When I log-on to Amazon it says Prime at the bottom but its gray. I have one day shipping & whispernet, but nothing else. Like watching Prime movies or getting to borrow a kindle book for free.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Added Prime Members only get the shipping benefits

The primary Prime Member (The one who paid for it) is the only one who gets the streaming video and the kindle books

Source(s): personal experience. I pay for amazon prime every year and share it with my niece
  • Tom Z

Per Amazon's web site:

"Prime members under a free trial or paid subscription can share their shipping benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 coworkers to shop for the related account. Other Prime membership benefits such as Prime instant video and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared.

To invite family members to share your Amazon Prime membership, sign in to Your Account and click on the link to "Manage Prime Membership." You'll see your current membership details, the status of all members linked to your Amazon Prime membership, and options to add or remove members.

Amazon Mom and Amazon Student members with Amazon Prime shipping benefits and customers receiving a free month of Amazon Prime benefits with Kindle Fire will not be able to share their benefits with additional people. All existing shared household members will continue to receive shipping benefits if the primary member switches to the Amazon Prime shipping benefits offered by one of these programs, however, the primary member will not be able to add or change shared household members if they move to one of these programs."

Source(s): ...